Update: this yummy recipe has been sitting in my drafts because I haven’t found the time/motivation to photograph the final dish. So this is getting published without photos. Because it’s delicious and crazy easy and my procrastination shouldn’t get in the way of people having the recipe. That’s all.
I’ve spent the past few months turning 24, getting in the groove of my job with Corner to Corner, getting vaccinated, starting my first gig as a freelance writer with Sustainably Chic, finally being able to fly home to CA to visit my family, spending quality time with my boyfriend and our cat, and eating yummy food (duh). It’s been a lovely journey.
My upcoming months will be spent wrapping up our chapter in Alabama and moving back to California, with a nice long road trip in the middle if we’re lucky! I can’t wait to share more about the next few months now that I’m back to writing on VTLTY again. But for now, a yummy and stupid-easy take on Caesar Salad.
For 2 servings
1-2 bunches of kale, leaves removed and chopped, stems diced
1/4 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
1/2 cup freshly shaved Parmesan
Caesar dressing, micro-greens, and lemon juice to taste
1. Saute kale over medium heat with a dash of olive oil.
2. On the side, boil diced kale stems for 5-7 minutes until vibrant green.
3. Once kale is starting to wilt, add in chopped sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts, kale stems and another drizzle of oil. Toast everything for another 5 minutes until walnuts and tomatoes darken in color.
4. Transfer to a bowl and top with fresh black pepper, freshly grated Parmesan, Caesar dressing, micro-greens, and a squirt of lemon juice.
1. If using sun-dried tomatoes stored in olive oil, use that instead of plain olive oil.
2. The micro-greens are totally optional. I used a mix of radish and mustard micro-greens for their peppery taste.
3. If you’re looking for protein, I think chicken or salmon would work best here.